Call for Abstracts: Geologic Problem Solving with Microfossils IV
The deadline for abstract submission HAS BEEN EXTENDED:
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, February 15th, 2017.
Please submit abstracts to the technical program committee:
Alicia Kahn (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jens Schmieder (Jens.Schmieder@bhpbilliton.com).
Microfossils IV Technical Session Themes:
1. High-resolution Biostratigraphy, Chronostratigraphy and Geo-chronology
2. Microfossils and Biofacies Analysis: Applications and Challenges
3. Future directions in micropaleontology (biomarkers, environmental monitoring, Paleozoic
4. Integration of microfossil and sequence stratigraphic data
1. Paleoclimate, Paleoceanography and Ocean Chemistry Proxies
2. Paralic and Lacustrine Micropaleontology
3. Microfossils and Unconventional Resources: The New Frontier
4. Reconstructing Past Environments Using Microfossils
5. Taxonomy, Phylogeny and Evolution
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Electronic submissions only, please.
- Abstract must be in either Microsoft Word (.docx or .doc). In addition, make sure your abstract conforms to the formatting guidelines below.
- Abstract should contain the following identifying information: title of abstract; author's name; author's affiliation; contact email address along with the abstract text itself.
- Attach the abstract to an email message with the subject line: “M4 Abstract Submission”. The body of the email message should contain the following information: title of abstract; author’s full name; author’s affiliation; contact email address (if different from the address in the email header); and contact telephone number.
- Indicate whether the abstract is for poster or oral presentation at the top of the abstract itself.
Abstract Formatting Guidelines
Line spacing: single
Text alignment: left justified.
Title text: Arial 11pt bold.
Author name(s): Arial 10pt with the presenting authors name in bold
Author affliation(s): Arial, 10pt, italic, including email address of author who will be presenting the work at the confer-ence.
Body text: Arial 11pt.
Paragraphs: do not indent; leave one clear line between paragraphs.
Figures are encouraged: A full color abstract book will be produced, so please include any relevant figure or image with-in the body of the text.
References can be included.
Extended abstracts are encouraged, but should not exceed two pages in length.